Wednesday 9 October 2013

Hide And Seek Owls In The Bush

Liberty Owl Pair by Rhapsody and Thread
"She'll never find us... we blend in perfectly, right?"

These little owl critters were so much fun to make! I love working with felt and couldn't resist this patttern when I saw it in Handmade Magazine because Isla LOVES the kids tv show Giggle and Hoot! Of course, I had to make two to keep each other company - and they don't look anything like Hoot or Hootabelle... I was busy watching and being inspired by the adult tv show Mr Selfridge and the gorgeous era of bow-ties and top-hats... but still, they are owls and they are super-cute and Isla loves them. So mission accomplished!

Liberty Owl Pair by Rhapsody and Thread
Ready for cutting

I picked the bright and fun Liberty of London Macleod print for the bodies, and I got the felt, including the felt flowers, and thread from my local Spotlight. And I made a cute bow-tie and added running stitch detail to the wings to make them look more like wings?!

Liberty Owl Pair by Rhapsody and Thread
Ready for stitching

They were initially destined for Isla's bedroom, but I thought they might enjoy first going back to the bush and playing a little game of hide and seek with Isla!!

Liberty Owl Pair by Rhapsody and Thread
"She definitely won't find us up here!"
Liberty Owl Pair by Rhapsody and Thread
"Just stay still and she won't notice us..."
Liberty Owl Pair by Rhapsody and Thread
"I think she's coming!!!"
Liberty Owl Pair by Rhapsody and Thread
"aaaaaaarghhhh"

That was fun, and they got lots of cuddles on the walk home. Now it's time to find a new home somewhere safe, where Logan can't find and try to eat them!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment