Friday 4 October 2013

A Beautiful Little Quilt For A Beautiful Little Boy

This was the first quilt I made from start to finish all by myself, and I couldn't be happier. A lovely friend of mine is expecting a beautiful baby boy in November and I wanted to make her something special for her baby shower.

As it was my first attempt, I kept to the basic patchwork squares and mixed a combination of three solid colours with three patterned fabrics. My inspiration was this Liberty of London Amelia Star print that we had left over from Logan's baby bag.

Amelia Star print on tana lawn by Liberty of London
Amelia Star print on tana lawn by Liberty of London

There aren't a lot of great fabric stores in Perth, but I thought I'd try my luck at the local Textile Traders in Morley - and jackpot! I found the most perfect stripe by Alexander Henry. It's called Ric*Rac and comes in a bunch of colourways, with this bright and funky print being my favourite.

Fabric stack ready for cutting
Fabric stack ready for cutting

The circles print is an unknown designer - I bought it in Cairns a couple of years ago. And the solids are 100% Homespun Cotton from Carols of Midland. I love how bright and fun the colours are.

Baby Boy Quilt by Rhapsody and Thread
Baby Boy Quilt by Rhapsody and Thread
Baby Boy Quilt by Rhapsody and Thread

It was so fun to work on this beautiful little quilt. Now all it needs is a chubby squeaking little bundle rolling around on it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment