Thursday 7 January 2016

Nursery Dreaming for Throw Back Thursday

Watching 2015 end had me looking back at some of my favourite moments for Rhapsody and Thread in 2015. This was one of them, when I pretended for a day that I had a baby girl again. I decorated Isla's old cot with a bunch of gorgeous goodies from Adairs. The cot quilt and little throw pillow were the result of a collaboration with Rebecca Judd. So stylish and unlike anything that was around when I was looking for baby bedding! I think the watermelon nightlight was part of the colab too! So fun!! The knit cushion and blanket, also from Adairs, were SO soft and snuggly. The colours were just perfect for styling my Elephant Dolls.

So this top image actually shows off the Sleeping Angel Elephant that I made for my great-nan after she passed away a few months ago. She wore that dusky pink colour a lot, and I added a halo and wings to my usual Elephant pattern. I also added a kind of cape so that I could hang her on the wall. I was hoping to create a sense that she was watching over us. She still hangs in the play room and I always think of my nan when I see her there.

The Sleeping Angel Elephants will be released in 2016.

Image by Rhapsody and Thread

The sweet image is of Miss Chive. Still currently available in my Big Cartel Store.

Liberty Elephant Doll by Rhapsody and Thread

Miss Pelagia Ballerina, also still available.

Liberty Elephant Doll by Rhapsody and Thread

Miss Chive Ballerina, available via custom order.

Liberty Elephant Dolls by Rhapsody and Thread

Here they are snuggled up together.


Liberty Elephant Dolls by Rhapsody and Thread

Elephant Dolls will be available for custom order when I reopen my virtual doors on Feb 1st 2016.

My Elephant Dolls are made from an Original Dolls and Daydreams® Pattern.



No comments:

Post a Comment