Sunday 28 July 2013

The Craft Cave Is Ready For A Fresh Start

I'm so happy to finally have a workspace in the Craft Cave that screams "make something gorgeous" and "do it with Liberty fabric!". My work table is covered in Liberty Tresco print and I've covered a canvas with the beautiful Liberty Marina Seaflower print. They were both part of the Spring/Summer 2013 collection and have the look of watercolour art. They are so beautiful to look at, I can't imagine cutting into them. But I will. 

I have so many projects on my Liberty Bucket-List. Many of which are with my daughters bedroom in my mind - with the Marina Seaflower print being my inspiration. But there are other things I want to make that don't necessarily require Liberty fabric, but why use anything else? Liberty fabric is the most beautiful fabric I have ever come across. It was love at first sight. The colours are rich and vibrant, and the prints are so unique. I can't wait to get started.

 
The first thing I wanted to make was a canvas board to use as my work mat and photo background for my tutorials. I'm excited to show people how I make my little treasures, and I wanted a beautiful linen surface to work on. And I thought it needed jazzing up, so I made fabric letters and created a bit of a sign using Liberty Saeed print fabric.


 I haven't figured out the "and" part to go between 'Rhapsody' and 'Thread', but ill figure something out. Any ideas?
 
T x

No comments:

Post a Comment