Saturday 16 May 2015

My Desk - It's Time For A Change

I think it's important to freshen up your workspace regularly.
For the last few months, I've been working on Liberty Log Cabin Cushions, and my desk (and floor) have become covered in Liberty of all shapes and sizes. Not that I'm complaining, because how beautiful is this mess!?!

Liberty fabric stash by Rhapsody and Thread
Liberty fabric stash
 
I completed six and wanted to finish them completely before moving on to more.
So I organised my scraps into colours in these simple pots from IKEA Perth.
 
Liberty fabric stash by Rhapsody and Thread
Liberty fabric stash
Liberty fabric stash by Rhapsody and Thread
Liberty fabric stash
 
I totally flipped my desk around to face the wall (and tv). Mostly so that the light from the window shines on my desk. I hate working in the dark and it's more of a problem in the winter months. It's also very difficult to take clear pictures. So fingers crossed this move works. Oh and I'm thrilled to be able to utilise the wall to display all my favourite things.
 
I hung a massive hoop with gorgeous new Liberty 'Oxford' print.
Underneath I hung my first and fave Liberty Bow Garland in 'John' print.
The circus print is one I pinched from a kids puzzle box. I just love anything circus.
I folded and piled up my Liberty all neat and tidy. Should be interesting to see how long it stays like that.
I added my two favourite prints by Tall Blank Wall - both mounts framed in Liberty 'Strawberry Thief' and 'Garden Wonderland'. More frames available here in my Etsy shop.
 
The 'Love' Banner is from Captain Co. Tasmania.
The Felt Ball Garland is from Little Rosie and Me.
I just love handmade.
 
Rhapsody and Threads Desk
The cleanest my desk will ever look from this day forward
Rhapsody and Thread
 
Now it's time to finish these Liberty Log Cabin Cushions.
 
Liberty Log Cabin Patchwork Cushion Fronts
Liberty Log Cabin Cushion Fronts

No comments:

Post a Comment